Right now, Zagreb ZOO is getting dressed up to the nines in magnificent winter garments, with special lights designed to accentuate horticultural details and architecture built over the last hundred years. The kids will love attractive holiday lights thoughtfully designed to transform the Maksimir woods into a wooded fairy tale.
From Monday to Thursday, the ZOO is open from 9 am to 4 pm, and on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays the ZOO stays open as late as 8 pm. During the Advent season, ZOO educators in elves' costumes take visitors on special tours of the zoological garden. Day tours are known as ZOO Adventures and the tours after dark as Dark Ventures. Very knowledgeable about the animal world around the globe, the elf-guides will gladly introduce the visitors to animals living in polar areas and other cold areas of the world.
Before the end of the year, new dwellings will be opened for animals that have never been seen in the Croatian capital city.
A wealth of interesting information, events and refreshments await the visitor in a ZOO area we have especially prepared for this winter as a representation of Life in the North. Every weekend, there will be additional programmes at the ZOO, including concerts, theatre shows, magician shows and other events that children will love.
We have arranged creative workshops in our education rooms, and to help you keep happy memories of your visit to Polar Advent in the Wild Heart of the City, we have arranged for a photo session with Santa.
The ZOO restaurant “Kod morskog lava” has prepared special holiday menus for you.
At 11 am on New Year’s Eve, we shall have a New Year’s party and say good-bye to year 2019, the first year in the history of the Zoological Garden in Zagreb with a record number of almost five hundred thousand visitors.
Mondays to Thursdays: 9 am – 4 pm (ticket office closes at 3 pm)
Fridays to Sundays: 9 am – 8 pm (ticket office closes at 7 pm)
- Walk through the magnificently illuminated and decorated Zoological Garden
- See the educative exhibition on Life in the North in Zebra's Square
- Try special holiday menus at the Sea Lion's restaurant
Extra weekend events:
- Advent calendar of love
- Letters to Santa – workshops for children
- Father Christmas’ House – photo sessions with Santa
- Fun Advent Afternoons – quiz, music and fun
- Zoo Adventure – daytime ZOO tours with Elves
- Night Adventure – guided ZOO tours with Elves after dark
- Sunday December the 1st, 4 pm: Polar Advent in the Wild Heart of the City opening ceremony
- Tuesday December the 31st, 11 am: New Year’s Eve party
Detailed information available at www.zoo.hr