Let’s share the joy of Christmas together. Take photos and share with us your Advent experience on Facebook with #AdventLights!
The beautifully decorated windows of Zagreb's residents as well as those of institutions carry messages of optimism, community, warmth, and inspire a true holiday spirit.
The Light of Advent is a project through which Zagreb Tourist Board wishes to encourage the cultural institutions in the Upper Town to decorate their windows in the spirit of the holidays.
Due to the pandemic, as well as the earthquake in Zagreb, 2020 has been and remains challenging, and with this project we want to start a warm story, encourage positive emotions, create a sense of community and, ultimately, encourage local people to get involved and contribute in the festivities of Advent.
The Tourist Board invited the cultural institutions to join in and decorate their windows with Christmas decorations and lights to influence others through positive messages in the period from 28 November to 31 December 2020.
1. Klovicevi dvori gallery and Lotrscak Tower
2. Museum of Broken Relationships, Cirilometodska Street 2
3. Dormitory Mary Jambrišak, Opatička Street 14
4. Croatian Institute of History , Opaticka Street 10
5. State Archives in Zagreb, Opaticka Street 29
6. Kindergarten Tatjana Marinic, Matos Street 7
7. Croatian Natural History Museum, Demetrova Street 1
8. Croatian Museum of Naive Art, Cirilometodska Street 3
9. Zagreb City Museum, Opaticka Street 20
10. Zagreb Tourist Board, Kaptol 5
11. Visitor Center, Ban Jelacic Square 11
12. Zagreb City Pharmacy, Kamenita Street 9